Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Floor Transitions, Reducers, Thresholds For Tile, Harwood, Vinyl, Concrete Staining

Home

Floor transitions,reducers,thresholds at doorways have been a concern of mine after I graduated from college. College went well...but here I am discussing the importance of proper transition placement.
Nothing irks me more when I walk on to a job and notice a transition on the wrong side of the door, not lined up straight and/or the height of the two different materials do not match up.
A perfect transition is one that is the same height, is directly under the swinging part of the door and is lined up square under the door. It is the little details that make or break the final product of the job.


1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for your little bitty on what perfect floor transitions should look like. I want to make sure I do those well in my new house. - Janie

    ReplyDelete